Let’s cut to the merits! What modifications have been introduced in the last Salesforce update? Below you will find subjective selection of the most significant novelties and fixes.
- Lightning Experience bin functionality has been improved. Now browsing through the content, emptying the bin, and the access to the deleted reports and dashboards are easier.
- Tasks can be assigned to a queue, not to a specific team member. Therefore, it allows involving more people in carrying out assignments.
- The Sandbox environment, which is useful in developers and Salesforce admins everyday work (but not only in theirs), now holds the Data Mask feature that provides automatic data masking.
- Due to the possibility of cloning business opportunities together with the assigned records, repetitive business processes operations are more straightforward.
- Filtering in the Lightning Experience search has been improved.
- Sending e-mails with up to the six-weeks in advance with the exact date determination when the recipient will receive an e-mail is now possible.
- The AI, under the form of Einstein Opportunity Scoring, is from now on available for all authorized users of the Sales Cloud without any additional costs.
- Salespeople can see the details of events saved in the calendar even simpler than before. After hovering the mouse over the specific appointment, all particulars will be displayed.
- Now agents will save a lot of time thanks to the opportunity for browsing, editing, and deleting cases directly from the list view.
- Conversations with customers through the channel preferred by them have been simplified. The agents answer straight from the service console, where all the Service Cloud advantages are at the fingertips.
- Connecting the Gmail account with the Salesforce’s has been automated and is even less complicated than before.
- The deduplication of cases (by analogy to the accounts and contacts deduplication) is another improvement. It facilitates customer service department work.
- From now, Salesforce Einstein automatically recommends consultants the articles from the knowledge database, taking into account cases they have to solve.
- Creating intelligent schedules for the Field Service has been given an opportunity.
- The Community and portal users now can log in using their Apple ID.
- The Community and portal users identity can be verified through text messages instead of e-mails.
- Partners and customers can create and launch reports direct from the Community level.
What else? Well, if anyone would like to test new Lightning Experience features, all they have to do is installing a free Chrome Lightning Experience plug-in.
If you would like to find out about the details of the latest Salesforce update, we encourage you to check out their official release notes.
- Product Marketing Manager
She has been involved in the IT industry and Salesforce for three years. At the moment, she works on business development, generating leads, organizing business events and widely understood product marketing. She supports Craftware’s sales team reaching new customers and building long-term relationships with them. A certified Pardot specialist, a tool for automation of B2B Salesforce marketing.